Hawaiian Massage Workshop
[jbox color="green"]Hawaiian Lomilomi Workshop Level 1, Level 2
with visiting Kumu Haunani Hopkins from Big Island, Hawaii.
5th, 6th, 7th January – 2013
Lomilomi Training Outline:
ROTORUA, NEW ZEALAND
Each of the intensive three days I will demonstrate, discuss procedures, skills, wisdom, principles and theories in all of the following areas.
- The heart of Lomilomi: Pule, Ho’oponopono, La’au Lapa’au, Ho’oma’ema’e (Prayer, Forgiveness, Hawaiian Medicinal Plants, Cleansing)
- Kanawai me ke ala Pono; (Guidelines for creating a healing environment and Hawaiian cultural principles.)
- Contraindications of Lomilomi to avoid health risks.
- Body Mechanics for the therapist for the longevity of therapists.
- Origin of Lomilomi
- Benefits of Lomilomi
- Anatomy and Kineisiology of muscles.
- Basic Procedures of using the hands forearms and elbows in giving a Lomilomi treatment.
- Draping technique
I participated in Haunani’s three day Lomilomi Workshop in 2009 as part of the International Lomilomi Conference in Oahu. Students were mostly practitioners from Japan, Switzerland and New Zealand. Haunani shared a wealth of knowledge, it was fun and a deep spiritual experience. We were a family for those three days as we explored the essence of the Hawaiian Healing Arts.
This is Haunani’s first Workshop in Rotorua New Zealand at our Lakeside Retreat or local Taheke Marae (depending on numbers). Book soon so you don’t miss this one off very special workshop for all bodywork practitioners to enhance your skills or anyone who is passionate about learning Lomilomi Massage and healing from an indigenous prospective.