Rangatahi – Hauora program for young people
Date-16-17 February 2013
for Rotorua rangatahi-female ages 13-17
Location – RAVE Rotorua Arts Village
Supported by Creative Communities NZ Rotorua
email to apply (limited places) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Three Hearts Waananga based on the three baskets of knowledge is a program that explores the dynamics of Hinengaro (mind), Tinana (body) and Takuira (soul). When all are in balance, the individual can realize their true potential.
Young people often ask why are we here?.. what is our purpose?.. why do I have the family I have?… why do I feel unloved?… why am I angry?… why do I feel that I am not worthy. We explore these questions and feelings by listening and sharing through a program of mental, emotional and physical exercises based on our traditional Maori knowledge of the 3 Hearts – Whatumanawa, Pumanawa and Manawa. Our rangatahi will learn that they are always tapu and always connected and worthy of love no matter who they are, where they have come from, or what they have done!
The Rangatahi 3 Hearts Hauora Program aims to empower our younger generation by giving them knowledge that is their birthright. They will discover the meaning of mauri (life force) and wairua (spirit) and how to deal with situations where they feel at risk, unsafe, confused or out of balance. They will learn to be alert for unnatural sequences and how to deal with and neutralise events that have already occurred in their lives.
Identifying highest values enables students to understand their potential life purpose and how certain subjects at school can benefit them and help set goals for their future.
All young people have the right to lead a happy and healthy life surrounded by unconditional love.
Rangatahi 3 Hearts Hauora Program Outcome Aims
- greater levels of achievement
- empowerment in all areas of life understanding of highest values = increased motivation and goal setting
- increase in learning outcomes due to shift in attitude (understanding of highest values)
- personal fulfillment
- increased energy and clarity of thinking
- more vitality and wellbeing
- increased social skills and better communication
- increased awareness of whanau dynamics and tools to cope with dysfunction in the home
- tools to help and empower whanau and friends
- release of cellular(emotional) blockages caused by trauma
- more balanced and knowledgeable individuals
- increased body,mind and spirit awareness
- a more settled spirit and open heart to manifest true potential
Nau e IO ee
We offer this program at our Rotorua marae Te Roro o Te Rangi or can travel to your location. If you are a health provider , school or community group interested in this service and want further information including costs please contact